Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, October 6, 2014

The power of memories

Twenty-four years ago today I married what I thought was my life-long partner.  About eighteen years ago today, my divorce from that pattern was final.  My feelings about those milestones change but always are strong, for better or worse.

Today, I sit contently working.  My contentment exists in part because of what I have experienced throughout my 50 years.  I need to remember those experiences, many of which were ordeals.  They contributed to who I am today, a strong and resilient woman who succeeds every day.

I began today with a walk outside, and only time will tell how this day ends.  Though it will not end as it did 24 years ago, this day will be just as important for very different but equally significant reasons.  I will complete my work day, enjoy a meal with my family, and nurture my Son before his bedtime.

Tonight will be full of love, as was this night so many years ago.  It's a different kind of love, but it's love and, after all, love is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment