Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Over time....

things change.  This year's tree has been quite a work in progress.  We bought it three days ago.  We put it in the stand yesterday.  Tonight, we added lights and four ornaments.  It will be done soon, but in the meantime....

When I was younger, the tree had to be perfect.  One year, I went to at least three places, and spent hours in pursuit of the ideal tree.  This year, it was one location, and five minutes - done.  Dave put the tree in the stand and it's not straight.  Rather than start over, I rotated the tree so it's leaning forward, rather than sideways.  It was always white or colored lights.  This year, Connor wanted both mixed together - done.  He also wanted to help add the lights, which I let him do.

Each of us hung one ornament.  The last ornament is in honor of Hunter, our puppy dog, who died 18 days ago.  He's now an angel watching over us as we bungle through the days.

Presently, it's time to unwind after another hectic week.  The one coming up is the last full one before Christmas.  There's lots to do.  Somehow it will get done.  The most important thing is that I STAY -- strong, rested, calm, grateful, and productive.  I can and will do it.  Oh yeah, I also have to figure out how to enjoy the moments, maintaining a balance between the forest and the tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment